Posture Stretch to Help Relieve Pain
Simple stretching will help
Are your shoulders drawn in and it seems like you should have listened when your mother said to stand up straight? Over time we tend to roll our shoulders forward this simple exercise / stretch will help to pull those shoulders back to where they should be. Providing you with better posture and overall health, this is called the Standing pectoral stretch let’s get started.
- Stand in a doorway with your left palm in contact with the door frame and your arm at a 45 degree angle. Put your left foot forward.
- Take a deep breath and, while exhaling, keep your back straight and slowly lean forward until you can feel the stretch in your chest.
- Remember to breathe during this exercise! Hold this position for 15-20 seconds.
- Take another breath and, while exhaling, slowly relax to your original position.
- Repeat this exercise on the opposite arm as instructed by your practitioner.
- Perform 1-2 repetitions 2-3 times/day
Caution: If this exercise makes your symptoms worse, discontinue immediately and contact your practitioner.
To your health