Seated Scapular Retraction
Shoulder & Middle back and neck pain can be reduced with some simple to do stretching exercises this one is very easy to accomplish while helping with tension , Headaches, alleviates mid back pain and neck pain while improving your posture it is called the seated scapular retraction. So lets get started
- Sit upright on a well-supported chair, keeping your back upright and not slumped. Bend your elbows to 90 degrees with your palms up (start position)
- Take a deep breath and, while exhaling,, keeping your back straight, slowly pinch your shoulder blades together (end position).
- Remember to breathe moneygram massachusetts newton during this exercise! Hold this position for 15-20 seconds.
- Take another deep breath and, while exhaling, slowly return to start position.
- Perform 1-2 repetitions 1-3 times/day
After a while you will be doing this simple exercise in your sleep and reaping the rewards with better posture and reduced back pain.
Caution: If this exercise makes your symptoms worse, discontinue immediately and contact your practitioner.
To your health